Veilig Thuis offers advice and support regarding domestic violence and child abuse. Veilig Thuis is there for you if you need help or are worried about someone else. Problems have often been going on for a long time and cannot be solved without the help of others. However, mere suspicions should be reported as well; For example, you think certain people or children are not safe, but you are not sure. Help is important, because violence will not end on its own. Someone has to take that first step!
If you are not sure, please anonymously call for advice. Otherwise nothing will happen and the violence will continue!
- Provide advice about what you can do in case of (suspected) domestic violence or child abuse;
- Find out what is going on;
- End unsafe situations;
- Organise the right kind of help.
If you are afraid of what may happen. If you are confronted with domestic violence. Know that we are there for you. We will listen to you, give you advice or put you in touch with people who can help you in your area. You will speak to experienced people who understand the situation.Anyone can report domestic violence or child abuse or suspicions thereof to Veilig Thuis.
Veilig Thuis Flevoland is for all residents in Flevoland. For children, young people, adults and the elderly. Whether you are a victim, know someone who is (potentially) a victim, or if you are abusive or violent yourself. Any form of abuse or violence is enough. Domestic violence and child abuse very common, in all age groups and in all cultures. It is the most common form of violence. So if you are a victim, you are certainly not alone. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
You can call for advice or help. You will speak to one of our employees, who will carefully listen to your story. This person will answer questions and give advice. In addition, this person will determine, together with you, if professional help is required and what kind of help would be best. If you want or need to, you can remain anonymous.
Sometimes, the problems and help that is needed can become clear very quickly. In that case, Veilig Thuis will organize that help right away. But the situation is not always clear right away. Sometimes, it first needs to be determined whether domestic violence or child abuse is actually happening.
When investigating, Veilig Thuis tries to work as much as possible with the people involved. But if this is not possible, Veilig Thuis may also investigate without the consent of the people involved. For instance, if this is necessary for the overall safety of children or adults.
Examples of domestic violence.
- Hitting, kicking and other types of physical violence;
- Sexual violence: being touched or having sex against your will or blackmail through social media;
- Psychological abuse: verbal abuse, humiliating, threatening violence, breaking your possessions, not being allowed to make any decisions, constantly hearing negative things about you, being scared.
- Elder abuse: tying down, hitting or neglect of an elderly person, stealing money or possessions from them;
- Forced marriage: having to get married against your will, or not being allowed to divorce;
- Neglect: if a child does not get what it needs, such as food, clothing or loving attention;
- If children merely witness violence in their families, this is child abuse too.
You can contact Veilig Thuis Flevoland by the national phone number 0800 2000 (free). After mentioning your municipality/town, you will be connected to Veilig Thuis in your own region. Veilig Thuis is always available, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
When you are resident of Flevoland you can contact us directly at number 088 222 05 00
Our mailadres: email@example.com
Veilig Thuis Flevoland
P.J. Oudweg 1
1314 CH Almere